Welcome to SubtiWiki! - Bacillus subtilis annotation the "wiki" way!
- The 7th International Conference on Gram-positive Microorganisms (17th International Conference on Bacilli) organized by Marta Perego, Jim Hoch, and Hendrik Szurmant is going to take place from June 23 - 27, 2013, in Montecatini Terme in lovely Tuscany, Italy, conference website, contact
- Past conferences
New: Subtiwiki is now on Facebook - please give it a +1!
Now online: A description of SubtiWiki, SubtiPathways, and SubtInteract in the 2012 Database issue of Nucleic Acids Research
Paper of the month: September 2012
- Chiba and Ito studied how the translation of YidC2, a membrane protein biogenesis factor, is controlled by SpoIIIJ availability via ribosome stalling of the mifM mRNA.
- Relevant SubtiWiki pages: Koreaki Ito, translation, YidC2, SpoIIIJ, mifM
New procedure for account creation:
- Due to massive spam attacks, we had to change our policy for the creation of accounts. If you want to create an account, just send me a mail. We will create the account for you as quickly as possible, then you can change your password. This does not affect existing accounts, which remain active.
- Please remember that all members of the Bacillus community are invited to create accounts and to contribute to SubtiWiki!
News in SubtiWiki:
- August 2012: SubtiExpress, the new compagnon of SubtiWiki devoted to gene expression is online! Try it out!
- May 2012: updated Excel files that map all genes to categories and regulons as well as the general updated identity mapping of all genes were uploaded.
- April 2012: Links for expression data under 104 different conditions (based on Nicolas et al., 2012) have been added to the expression section of the individual gene pages
- April 2011: SubtInteract, a presentation of protein-protein interactions in B. subtilis, is online!
- December 2010: SubtiCellPublisher allows the conversion of CellDesigner diagrams to navigatable presentations in the style of SubtiPathways
- December 2010: all genes are linked to regulons, and the pages of the regulons provide an overview on all genes that are members of this specific regulon.
- December 2010: all genes/proteins are linked to categories, and the pages of the categories provide an overview on all genes/proteins that are members of this specific category.
- August 2010: several new pathway maps including Utilization of other nitrogen sources, Biotin synthesis, Murein recycling, and Protein secretion were uploaded to SubtiPathways
- March 2010: novel plasmids for the creation of strains expressing proteins with a C-terminal triple FLAG-tag (for simple immunological analysis of the proteins, pGP1087 and pGP1331)
Publications describing SubtiWiki and SubtiPathways: