PTM meeting 2014
1st International Conference on Post-Translational Modifications in Bacteria
The first international meeting dedicated to post-translational modifications (PTMs) in bacteria will be held from 9 to 10 September 2014, at the University of Göttingen, Germany. It will cover protein phosphorylation, uridylation, adenylation, acetylation, glycosylation, pupylation, targeted degradation and other modifications. The meeting will focus on the cellular, biochemical and structural aspects of these modifications, as well as the methods used to study them. We cordially invite you and members of your laboratory to participate.
Students and scientists at the early stage of their careers will be given priority for oral presentations. The conference fee will be limited to 110 € (Euros). A 2nd announcement with more details about travel and accommodation will be sent out in due course.
A special Topic of Frontiers in Microbiology, entitled “Regulatory potential of post-translational modifications in bacteria” is now open for paper contributions from all the conference participants. The contributions can comprise original research papers, reviews, mini-reviews and many other formats which you can find here: . Shortly you will all receive official invitations from Frontiers in Microbiology to submit your papers to the topic. Please use the Frontiers website to submit abstracts for your planned papers. The deadline for abstract submission to Frontiers in June 10, and the deadline for the full manuscript submission is October 31. Please note that submitting your abstract for the Frontiers topic is independent from your registration for the conference, and separate actions are required!
The registration deadline is May 11, 2014. Your registration as well as your abstract should be sent by e-mail to Jörg Stülke. Please send a single file according to the registration form.
Please note that our meeting will be organized back-to-back with the meeting “The PTS celebrates 50 years of transport and regulation”, organized by Josef Deutscher, Milton Saier and Jörg Stülke. The PTS 50 meeting will be held from 7 to 8 September, at the same venue. Since the topics of both meetings are closely related, you are most welcome to participate in both of them.
Moreover, after the PTM meeting 2014, we would like to invite you to a tour to the vibrant German capital, Berlin. This tour will include a guided visit of major sights in Berlin (guide: Jörg Stülke) and of one museum of Berlin’s Museum Island.
The meeting will take place in the convention center "Historic observatory" in Göttingen (see the location on the map)
- PTM 2014 110,00 € (includes dinner on September 9)
- Trip to Berlin 100,00 € (includes train ticket and visit of one spectacular museum on Berlin’s Museum’s island which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage.
Please have the total fee available in cash at the registration desk of the meeting!
We have reserved hotels at special rates. They are reserved until June 30. Please, make your arrangement as soon as possible. The “Keyword” for your order is “Microbiology”. These hotels are:
- Hotel Central (in the heart of the historic city)
- Leine-Hotel (a bit outside, but still in walking distance)
- Hotel Stadt Hannover (very close to the station)
You will find additional hotels on the homepage of Göttingen.
- Information on Göttingen including a city map can be found here
- The Nobel prize winners that were/are associated to Göttingen are listed here
How to reach Göttingen
- By train: Göttingen has an ICE station, and there are direct trains from Hamburg, Basel, Munich, Frankfurt, Berlin. If you come from the western part of Germany (or from the Netherlands), please go to Kassel or Hannover, and then via ICE to Göttingen.
- By plane: The closest airport is Hannover, from there you can take the train or rent a car. Alternative airports include Hamburg, Berlin, Frankfurt. Then please take the train to Göttingen.